Resetting the printer sometimes seems to be the crucial thing to do when we want to get rid of various printing issues all at once and return to the default settings. Therefore, many users require to Reset Epson printer so that they can give a fresh start to the device. Also, to boost the efficiency of your printer, resetting becomes essential. Hence, check the best methods below that will help reset the printer with ease.
Why Should You Epson Printer Reset?
Before checking the methods on the Epson printer reset, let’s first understand why you need to reset it.
- The printer is not giving quality printing.
- Epson Printer goes on and off automatically stopping the printing task in the middle.
- When the printer is showing a “Printer Maintenance Required”
Factory Reset Epson Printer – Follow 3 Simple Methods
If you want to know How to reset Epson printer, let’s read our 3 best methods given below.
Resetting The Printer Through Control Panel
You can reset the printer to the factory setting using the procedure mentioned below.
- Press the “Home” button to go to the “Home” menu on the Control Panel of your Epson Printer.
- Next, open the “Setup” menu with the help of the left and right navigation buttons.
- After that, press the “OK” button to go further.
- Again, with the help of the left and right navigation buttons find the “Restore Default Settings” option and then, press the OK
- One more time you can use the up and down navigation buttons to find the “Restore Network Settings” and press the OK
- In the final step, restart your printer. With these steps, you will easily be able to reset your printer.
Moreover, you can also check the next method to reset the printer below.
Resetting Epson Printer Using The “Reset” Button
Various models of Epson Printer come with a “Reset” button or option that is available at the back of the printer. The button can be used to reset the printer automatically.
Let’s begin resetting the printer with the steps given below.
- Press the “Power” button to turn off the printer.
- Now, take any pin to press and hold the “Reset” available at the back side of the printer.
- Thereafter, power on the printer while keeping the “Reset” button pressed at least for a few seconds.
- After this, a warning page will be printed, and release the reset button.
- Again, another page will be printed with the default IP address.
- You will have to use that IP address for the reconfiguration of the printer to the PC.
Use Epson Adjustment Program To Rest Printer
This is another popular method used by many users to reset the Epson Printer. It is commonly used when the “Reset” button does not function well. With the steps mentioned below, the printer will be reset to the factory settings.
- First, download and install the “Epson Adjustment Program” on your PC.
- Next, launch the “Epson Adjustment Program” after it is downloaded successfully.
- Then, click on the “Select” option to make the necessary selections.
- Now, you need to choose the model number of your printer and the port to which the printer is connected to the PC.
- Click on the “OK”
- Later, the “Adjustment and Maintenance” window will display. Now, choose the “Waste Ink Pad Counter” option by going to the “Maintenance section”.
- To confirm, press the “OK”
- Thereafter, check the “Main Ink Pad Counter” option and click on the “initialize” button available at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- After that, Hit on “Finish” button to complete the reset process
- Lastly, restart your Epson printer to the settings to come into effect.
With the methods mentioned above, anyone can Reset Epson printer without difficulty. If you still have queries or are willing to learn more about printer resetting, you can take help from our experts using the contact us (epsonprintersupportpro) form.